Allows Teenagers to Give and Receive help within the Teenage Life. Support for Teens, By Teens.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
NOTICE: Support4Teens Will Never Ask for your Password or for Any Personal Information, If Someone asks Personal Information or Password, Please Report to Shadow-Vampire.
REMINDER: Please Remember To Read The Forum Rules in the Code of Conduct. These Rules will be Enforced by the Real Support4teens Administration.
REMINDER: If you Have Any Suggestions Please Post them inside the Discuss New Ideas & Suggestions. New Suggestions will be looked over by The Support4Teens Administration.
If there is a Bug on the Forums, Please Report it at Bug Report Station This Will Allow the Support4teens Administration to Fix the Problem.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

It's a love/hate relationship.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Echo
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor

Female Posts : 20

PostSubject: It's a love/hate relationship.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:04 pm

For about the past year now, I smoking weed. In the last few months I've been thinking that I'm addicted to it. Now I don't really want to smoke all that much, only once in a while. What can I do to try and stop?
Back to top Go down
vanish

Female Posts : 142
Birthday : 1993-08-27

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Hmmm...well after my one try with weed, and how sick I got, i have almost vowed never to do it again, but cannot say that I won't ever do it again, because if I am stressed, I am VERY impulsive.

But enough about me...

If you think you are addicted, you should try to cut down the amount you use slowly, DO NOT GO COLD TURKEY...you will become very sick if you do, as you will likely go through withdrawal...

Try to ween yoursefl off of it by smoking alittle les every day, until you are not smoking any at all...

Once this has been accomplished, smoke it only socially, NOT BY YOURSELF, because if you do it by yourself, you will likey become addicted again, and the second time around it is harder to get away from it.

Smoke it only once in a while, try to limit it it to once a day, and then once a week and then maybe once every 2 weeks, once every 3 weeks, etc.

If you want to get off of it all the way, do the same until you are comfortable with no smoking it at all.

Addictions are VERY hard to deal with, and sometimes it takes more than one try to get yourself away form drugs/alcohol and even tobacco.

Do not get discouraged if you cannot do it right away, it will come in time

Try and try again as much as your have too.

Any other help keep asking me and everyone else on here, and we will try to guide you through it as easily as possible.

Take care and try your hardest, keep your head up, stay proud and know who you are and that you CAN do it.

Vanish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vanish
Let me vanish in the wind and be free like I have always dreamed
Back to top Go down
Echo
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:27 pm

OK thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
vanish

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:31 pm

no problem hope it help though!!

Take good care, and be safe!

Vanish

Vanish
Back to top Go down
DarkEcoFreak
Assistant Advisor
Assistant Advisor

Male Posts : 39
Birthday : 1992-11-21

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:05 pm

I smoke weed, I am not addicted to it what so ever though, but i only smoke like once a month, and last time was like in the summer.

so yay for me!
Back to top Go down
http://freakyfilmforums.forumotion.net/index.htm
Hidden Eyes
Support Leader
Support Leader

Male Posts : 33
Birthday : 1995-01-15

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:08 pm

I cant say anything really I am the same way but I only do it because I get really stressed out but in a year I am moving out of my house and with someone else. I am only doing it once every month or two right now
Back to top Go down
DarkEcoFreak
Assistant Advisor
Assistant Advisor

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Druggie, Druggi! :O :O just kiddin
Back to top Go down
Hidden Eyes
Support Leader
Support Leader

Male Posts : 33
Birthday : 1995-01-15

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm

LOL
I actually laughed XD
Back to top Go down
vanish

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:12 pm

i have tried it once, and got stoned out of my mind, someone here knows what i am talking about, and i dont think im gonna do it again which is good and bad.

but maybe we never know.

Vanish
Back to top Go down
DarkEcoFreak
Assistant Advisor
Assistant Advisor

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:22 pm

I think it helps cope with some situations, like when my ex dumped me, it helped really good.
Back to top Go down
vanish

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:26 pm

yah, well when i did it i was REALLY stressed out about school and an upcoming event this friday, which i am still quite stressed about, and decided to try it, in a what the heck moment i might as well...

Vanish
Back to top Go down
GrinningGremlin
Support Leader
Support Leader

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:41 am

First you need to ask and answer a few questions personally.

Why do you smoke weed in the First place?

Why do you believe you are Addicted?

Is smoking weed neccessary to your survival and/or happiness.

Does it solve your problems, rather than hide them away.

Specify a real reason why you want to quit. Financial, Social, Health etc.

---------------------------

After you've answered these questions to yourself honestly, you'll be able to get a better grasp on things. The fact of the matter is, Addictions are all in your head. You don't need the drug, and your body can and will live with out it. Of course, if you have been doing any sort of medication, drug or substance for an extended period of time, you will need to ween yourself off as your body has become used to the substance being there and CAN suffer from withdrawl, although in rare cases it won't.

Realisticly, this is your choice. If you are quitting for friends, a partner, family, it won't work. The only way you will be able to get over this, is if you truly want to quit and understand why you want to quit. Do some self-assessment and if this is what you honestly want, then set up a way to slowly get yourself off of it. A time table, A calender. Anything you think will help keep you on track.

Should you require further help or advice you know where to find me.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:09 pm

hmmmm, thank you very much. I haven't thought of it that way very much.

well, I first started smoking because I was curios as to what it was like, then I did it for fun, because, well, I find it extremely funny and enjoyable.

I think I'm addicted because I'm often, almost always thinking how great it would be just to be stonned or even feel a small buzz. Even if I smell it on someone, or just faintly down a hall, I'm instantly looking for who it is or where it's coming from. Also, just the thought of smoking again makes me happen.

For the time being, I need it to help me cope with stress. my parents are splitting up and I can't handle the amount of yelling and downing and talking behind each others backs, so I smoke to forget it all. It's also to minimize the urge to cut instead.

I guess it only hide them for the time I'm high. after I crash, I remember it all over again.

I want to quite because my boyfriend asked me too. Me myself, I don't really want to quite, but every time I do smoke when he's around, I feel bad because he gets sad.
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Vampire
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 97
Birthday : 1993-11-04

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Echo wrote:

well, I first started smoking because I was curios as to what it was like, then I did it for fun, because, well, I find it extremely funny and enjoyable.

I think I'm addicted because I'm often, almost always thinking how great it would be just to be stonned or even feel a small buzz. Even if I smell it on someone, or just faintly down a hall, I'm instantly looking for who it is or where it's coming from. Also, just the thought of smoking again makes me happen.

For the time being, I need it to help me cope with stress. my parents are splitting up and I can't handle the amount of yelling and downing and talking behind each others backs, so I smoke to forget it all. It's also to minimize the urge to cut instead.

I guess it only hide them for the time I'm high. after I crash, I remember it all over again.

I want to quite because my boyfriend asked me too. Me myself, I don't really want to quite, but every time I do smoke when he's around, I feel bad because he gets sad.

well I personally understand your Reason, as it is very Stressful, but I will not agree that is a good choice for many reasons, personally myself i do it for Fun and enjoyment of the laughter as well, but the reason you look around for it is cause your mind has it set that it is Enjoyable to you, so its automatic to look around to where it is about, also cause the Human mind is Curious.

But has you Boyfriend ever told you why he wants you to quit?
Some have morals against it, but no one should push ones Morals on Another, but if it is Health reasons he is asking for, it is Completely understandable.

Now i will also say this, if your Parents are constantly fighting, why not try the Option of staying out more often to stay away from hearing it more then what you might be Currently?

Or if your Parents are a 'Back Bone' or 'Jelly Fish' Type Parent then try explaining that you do not want to hear the Arguments, that if they want to Argue, that they should wait until you are not around or do it more Approprately?

Back Bone Parent:
The Type Parent that is Very Understanding and does lean towards the childs needs and sometimes wants within Limitation.

Jelly Fish Parent:
The Type Parent that is a 'Push over' and that allows you to Experience life throughout your own Choices, and live with the Punishment behind it on their own without any Assistance allowing them to learn through Experience.

Back to top Go down
http://support4teens.forumotion.com
GrinningGremlin
Support Leader
Support Leader

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:08 am

Echo wrote:

Alright, curiosity will probably be my downfall so I understand this reasoning. Not necceasrily the best thought process but it is human nature and a genetic trait to a certain extent.

We know the reason why you think you're addicted now, so it'll be easier to help. You need to find yourself a hobby, or "safeplace" that you find more enjoyable then the thought of the drug itself. Maybe you're artistic and enjoy writing or drawing, perhaps your outlet is sports? Find and participate in activities you really love when the urge to smoke pops up. You'll find that your love for said activity, will often over come the need or want to smoke.

Obviously no one wants to be overly stressed, although some stress is actually neccesary to lead a healthy life style. Obviously, your parents aren't getting along. You will need to face this fact. They are being childish about it when they fight with you around, because it is their battle, not yours. You have no responsibility over the things they do or say unless you are actively participating. All you do when you smoke to forget things, is stitching up a wound only to rip those stitches out later. The cut, will inevitably get worse, not better and possibly infected leading to other problems.

It sounds harsh, but the best thing to do with your parents, is realise they will fight regardless of what you do. It is not your fault, you cannot control it. The sooner you face this fact and accept it, the less stressful it will be on yourself.

Now the last one is a bad thing. You have to want to quit yourself. Not because anyone else does. This needs to be a goal for you because it is a life-style you pursue. This is your life, not your boyfriends, not your siblings, teachers or parents. It is yours, you decide the outcome of things in the end of it. Not them. The only way you'll be able to quit is if you find a reason you want to quit. Be it health, money, or just to say you did and to feel accomplished. When other people set goals for you (Unless a qualified trainer and even then they go wrong sometimes) they only set you up for failure. You'd do well to remember this.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:40 pm

I have tried to quite a few times, but I always seem to end up smoking more and more after a few days. I think part of the reason why I can't stop is because my parents also smoke. It's not occasional or just coming home high, I mean they do it right in the house so I can't even get away from the smell. This also happens everyday, so I basically wake up to the smell of chronic.
Back to top Go down
vanish

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:43 pm

My best advice would be to ween your self off of it slowly.

Do not stop smoking right away as you could experience some withdrawal symptoms which will make you do more and more, slowly smoke less and less each day until you only smoke a small amount once a day, then movie it to once every other day and then once a week and so on.

This not only helps with drugs and alcohol, but with self injurious behaviour.

Vanish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a love/hate relationship.   

Back to top Go down

It's a love/hate relationship.
Page 1 of 1