Support 4 Teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allows Teenagers to Give and Receive help within the Teenage Life. Support for Teens, By Teens.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTICE: Support4Teens Will Never Ask for your Password or for Any Personal Information, If Someone asks Personal Information or Password, Please Report to Shadow-Vampire.
REMINDER: Please Remember To Read The Forum Rules in the Code of Conduct. These Rules will be Enforced by the Real Support4teens Administration.
REMINDER: If you Have Any Suggestions Please Post them inside the Discuss New Ideas & Suggestions. New Suggestions will be looked over by The Support4Teens Administration.
If there is a Bug on the Forums, Please Report it at Bug Report Station This Will Allow the Support4teens Administration to Fix the Problem.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

What do you want to do when you grow up?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A.for.Amicability
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor
A.for.Amicability

Female Posts : 13

What do you want to do when you grow up? Empty
PostSubject: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 4:35 pm

The title is pretty self-exploratory. xD

I'm not quite sure myself, but I have a small list. I'm being pressured by family members to enroll in university; which, in my opinion, really narrows down my career choice. D:

If I take the college route I want to be a...
Private Investigator (LOL! Creeper. What do you want to do when you grow up? Icon_wink It's my dream job!);
Legal Secretary/Law Clerk
Administrative Assistant
Paralegal
Insurance Broker

If I take the university route, I want to be a criminologist or a probation officer.

What do you want to do when you grow up? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

Female Posts : 142
Birthday : 1993-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 4:40 pm

Actually A.for.Amicability,
i like you idea vry much too

I was going to be in the police force, and become a detective, but found too much conflict of interest, so now I have decided to go back and Be in the medical field working with children

Maybe as a secondary career, or if i dont do well in the medical field i will still be in the police force, and will become a detective for child abuse, domestic violence or sexual assaelt/abuse...
Back to top Go down
A.for.Amicability
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor
A.for.Amicability

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:01 pm

According to a teacher I had, people change their career about 6 times. Dx

I think you'd make an excellent SVU detective, or pediatrician. Smile

I actually thought about being a detective cause I like to stalk people and solve mysteries, but I don't handle risky situations well. Dx

My parents would prefer me to go into the medical field, but math and science were never my forte.

I was more into linguistics and people-oriented subjects.

I never liked learning other languages other than English though.

Therefore, my schedule has no variety since it's filled with business courses and like one law course. I wish our school had more courses that were related to crime and law. Sad
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:07 pm

i agree, i am in the law course, and if i wanted i could take the grade 12 law course too. We should have more crime related courses for those future detectives and CSI agents.

thank-you for thinking I would make a good SVU detective or pediatrician, it is very nice to be told i may be good at something rather than always being put down.

I never really liked learning other languages, until this year, where now i am attempting to learn Dutch and SIgn Language, and maybe French, although I am not taking French in school Sad

Do what you want to do, you do not have to follow your parent's footsteps, becuase then you cannot be yourself and be unique.

Follow YOUR dreams, not your parent's or your friend's

Everyone had their own dreams, and their own reason to be on this Earth, if you know this, you are good for the rest of your life..

Take care and make sure you be yourself, not what others want you to be.

Vanish
Back to top Go down
A.for.Amicability
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor
A.for.Amicability

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:30 pm

Our school is too small and limited. Dx

It's more of an arts school anyway.

I'm planning to take the grade 12 course. Hope to see you there!

Well, if someone's putting you down, they probably see something in you that they don't have, or they're just a douche.

I agree with you, you can't make someone do something that you want them to do.

I'm following my own dreams anyway, I'm not taking any senior sciences, so I don't have the required courses to go into the medical field.

I think that you could also be a therapist. =)

I remember when I was little I wanted to be a nurse. xD
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:36 pm

thats good, it is very agreed that our school is MUCH too small...

Nest semester I am taking an introduction to psychology, anthropology and socialogy, i want to counsel rape and child abuse victimes, like the children themselves sometimes in my life too

I am proud that you will follow your dreams.

You know where you stand and that is a VERY good thing.

Lots of people put me down, sometimes i understand it, other times i am completely lost to as why...

Oh well life is just is it not??

Take care now, good to know that some people know where they stand and don't let others push them wround Smile

Vanish
Back to top Go down
A.for.Amicability
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor
A.for.Amicability

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Woah...we have a course called that at our school? What grade is it? What period? I'll switch to that class!!!!!! What are the prerequisites?

I don't understand why they would put you down, I guess they have nothing better to do? Or maybe they just don't know.

*huggies*
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:08 pm

awe thanks , and the course is law...unless you mean psychology...which is next semester period 2, and no prerequisites that i know of, the psychology course is grade 12 tho, thats the only thing.

Law is period one this semester for grade 11...im in that class...xD
Back to top Go down
A.for.Amicability
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor
A.for.Amicability

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:58 pm

I have law third period next semester. I'm taking a grade 12 business class next semester, so I guess I should take psychology next year cause then it'll get too stressful. Dx
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 6:00 pm

awe yah next semester i have math grade 11 uni, english grade 11 uni, and psych grade 12 and economy grade 12, both uni...i think
Back to top Go down
DarkEcoFreak
Assistant Advisor
Assistant Advisor
DarkEcoFreak

Male Posts : 39
Birthday : 1992-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:03 pm

I want to be a homocide detective, I have to join the police force and be there for like 10 years before i can become a H.D
Back to top Go down
http://freakyfilmforums.forumotion.net/index.htm
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm

awe, well you should try it, you become a cadet first after going just to a college that teaches police, then go to a police college and become on officer, and then u can train to be whatever, like a det.
Back to top Go down
DarkEcoFreak
Assistant Advisor
Assistant Advisor
DarkEcoFreak

Male Posts : 39
Birthday : 1992-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I was in air cadets yeeears ago, it was fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://freakyfilmforums.forumotion.net/index.htm
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:13 pm

really? nice lmao i havent ever done anything, and the cadet is different in police xD
Back to top Go down
Your_Angel
Your_Angel

Female Posts : 18
Birthday : 1994-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:10 pm

I plan on being a child and youth worker... or a probation officer. Smile
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:18 pm

sounds like a good idea. I wanted to be a child and youth worker before too, and in a way still kinda of want to. There are great placements in Ontario for Child and Youth Workers, especially the Psychiatric Hospitals that deal with children aged 0-18...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to do when you grow up?   What do you want to do when you grow up? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want to do when you grow up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Support 4 Teens :: General Discussions :: Jobs & Hobbies-
Jump to: