Support 4 Teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allows Teenagers to Give and Receive help within the Teenage Life. Support for Teens, By Teens.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NOTICE: Support4Teens Will Never Ask for your Password or for Any Personal Information, If Someone asks Personal Information or Password, Please Report to Shadow-Vampire.
REMINDER: Please Remember To Read The Forum Rules in the Code of Conduct. These Rules will be Enforced by the Real Support4teens Administration.
REMINDER: If you Have Any Suggestions Please Post them inside the Discuss New Ideas & Suggestions. New Suggestions will be looked over by The Support4Teens Administration.
If there is a Bug on the Forums, Please Report it at Bug Report Station This Will Allow the Support4teens Administration to Fix the Problem.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Not all scares are invisible.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor
Echo

Female Posts : 20

Not all scares are invisible. Empty
PostSubject: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:15 pm

About a month ago, I tried cutting. They weren't all that deep, just enough to draw blood. I got a little carried away and now there are marks on my left arm from my wrist to my shoulder. Most of them have healed, but I can still see each mark. Is there a way I can hind them without always wearing long sleeves or a sweater?
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

Female Posts : 142
Birthday : 1993-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:18 pm

K well what i do, as i have some pretty serious scars on my arms, legs and hip xD and stil haven't learned my damned lesson, but I use vitamin E to try and diminish the scars appearance. You can buy scar treatments in stores but they are a waste of precious money...

I either buy Vitamin E oil, or Vitamin E capsules with the oil inside of them, and break them open and put them on the scars, it has worked alot, and now i go out without anything on my arm, although the scars still show alot.

Hopefully yours ar not as bad as mine, so they will dissappear faster...
Back to top Go down
Echo
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:26 pm

That's a good idea. thank you.
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:28 pm

no problem hope it helps, if you continue cutting, which i do not recommend, but do it somewhere where it is less visible...

I dont recommend continuing cutting, but i can't say for you to stop as that would be VERY hypocritical of me...hopefully soon you do stop tho, and it does not get worse or deeper than it is now..

Vanish
Back to top Go down
Echo
Wannabe Advisor
Wannabe Advisor
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Yea, I've made a promise that I'd stop, but sadly the day after I broke it, but I haven't done anything since, even though I has temped a few times...
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:40 pm

good, i know how that feels..

I do that ALOT

make a promise to myself and break it Sad

I just can't help it sometimes...Sad

oh well, hopefully i will learn to keep my own personal promises, that can be another new years resolution..

xD

Vanish
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Vampire
Administrator
Administrator
Shadow-Vampire

Male Posts : 97
Birthday : 1993-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 8:39 pm

apparently Strech mark cream also Helps against Scars. i have not tested this myself, but i think it would work personally, cause strech marks are the same type tissue as scars.
Back to top Go down
https://support4teens.forumotion.com
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 8:44 pm

you are right, and the main ingredient in strech mark creams is vitamin E...i use vitimin E capsules so i dont have to waste me money on other more expensive treatments...

if scars are very bad you can actaully have them surgically removed, as one of my friends has this done, where they remove the scar tissue and stitch it up so that you have a MUCH smaller less noticeable scar
Back to top Go down
GrinningGremlin
Support Leader
Support Leader
GrinningGremlin

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:28 am

Being someone who has a multitude of scars, none of which self inflicted I can assure you that eating a proper diet will make them less visible.

The scars themselves will never actually dissapear. However, a proper diet and with enough protein the skin around it will stretch and shrink the marks. Studies show that sleep levels also affect how healthy your skin may be. The healthier it is, the less easily scars are identified. It also depends on your skin traits themselves. I have rather leathery skin and thus I don't bruise but I scar more easily and they stick out more than most people.

- Getting around 6-8 hours of sleep a night is key for good skin and health condition.

- Eating properly as mentioned above, will also help with skin and health condition.

- Being happy, actually promotes cell growth within your body, allowing for more youthful looking skin. Avoid stress if possible and the marks themselves should fade quicker.

- Physical Stretching - I.E Splits, Butterfly crunches, etc. The more flexible your body becomes, the most elasticity your skin requires. With the increase in elasticity, the deeper scars are stretched out and eventually no longer provide a visible gap in the skin. This will NOT remove the colour of the scar however.
Back to top Go down
vanish
vanish

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 8:00 pm

They colour of the scar fades over time, I know this with my own scars. I agree that eating healthy promotes skin healing, and I also find it interesting that sleep can affect how a person's skin heals itself.

Thank you for the information, and I think that I myself will look into it and try it out some. Flexibility for me is not much of a problem, as some of my peers know. But sleep and eating habits are more of a problem in my life.

Thanks again

Vanish
Back to top Go down
Shadow-Vampire
Administrator
Administrator
Shadow-Vampire

Male Posts : 97
Birthday : 1993-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:00 pm

GrinningGremlin wrote:
Being someone who has a multitude of scars, none of which self inflicted I can assure you that eating a proper diet will make them less visible.

The scars themselves will never actually dissapear. However, a proper diet and with enough protein the skin around it will stretch and shrink the marks. Studies show that sleep levels also affect how healthy your skin may be. The healthier it is, the less easily scars are identified. It also depends on your skin traits themselves. I have rather leathery skin and thus I don't bruise but I scar more easily and they stick out more than most people.

- Getting around 6-8 hours of sleep a night is key for good skin and health condition.

- Eating properly as mentioned above, will also help with skin and health condition.

- Being happy, actually promotes cell growth within your body, allowing for more youthful looking skin. Avoid stress if possible and the marks themselves should fade quicker.

- Physical Stretching - I.E Splits, Butterfly crunches, etc. The more flexible your body becomes, the most elasticity your skin requires. With the increase in elasticity, the deeper scars are stretched out and eventually no longer provide a visible gap in the skin. This will NOT remove the colour of the scar however.

I actually forgot about your mood controls how young and healthy skin looks, but yes it has been proven to be true and may very well help you, as my burn scars are far to difficult to to get rid of, best of luck and hope this all helps.
Back to top Go down
https://support4teens.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not all scares are invisible.   Not all scares are invisible. Empty

Back to top Go down

Not all scares are invisible.
Page 1 of 1